Friday, January 9, 2009

I'm Addicted to Nasi Ayam Penyet!



Since I came back from Johor, I've been addicted to Nasi Ayam Penyet!!! The one I had from Sagget Recipe at the gazebo beside the Tamil temple between Kota Raya and City Square in JB was just soooooooooooooo nice! Just thinking of it make me drool! The bonus was that it has a lot of ulam. Such a humble dish yet damn delicious!!


I searched for a good alternative here in PJ and went for a taste 2 days ago.
Welcome Waroeng Penyet! I read a review online that it's good so Shafiq, Fatin, Mami and myself went to check it out for dinner at The Curve. It was surpringly full..with youngsters! I guess the young Indonesians enjoy lepaking there.

Anyways, Mami and I ordered Nasi Ayam Penyet, Shafiq ordered Bakso Penyet and Fatin ordered Bakso meehoon soup. It was nice! How happy I was! But i must say the one from Segget Cafe in JB is still my no.1 but thats like 400km away! So this will be a good alternative. :D


(The menu and our empty plates! Sorry la..too hungry, forgot to snap the food when it reached :P)

The price range is not so bad. Ofcourse can't compare to the one in Johor since it's located at The Curve. Mine was RM7.90 not including the rice. They charge the rice seperately (ah the ikea-trick) for RM1.90. So it's around RM9.80 a plate la.

The only downside is that the vege served was just a piece of thickly-cut cucumber and a piece of white cabbage. I wish they had added more.

For anyone of you who is interested to try a very nice ayam penyek, you should definitely try this one out. It's located at 1st flr in The Curve, near the pathway to Ikano. :)


Nyummylicious~

6 comments:

  1. Me too, me too. This CNY leave, I will take some pic of the Segget's Recipe Nasi Ayam Penyet ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If u come to JB again.. try Nasi Ayam Penyet at LC Catering.. just behind my house.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LC Catering, Melodies Garden, Jln Tebrau JB.
    yg Nasi Ayam Penyet Mawi kawin kat Felda tu diorang la sponosr..

    kalo dtg sana ring me la.. i duduk kat area situ je.. hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  4. When are u guys coming to eat Ayam Penyet at SR Segget Recipe again? I ♥ SR Segget Recipe's Ayam Penyet too! Can't deny it ~ THE BEST AYAM PENYET IN JB. I've tried many Ayam Penyet Restaurant in JB including LC Catering, Banafee & Waroeng Penyet in KL, but cannot beat SR SEGGET RECIPE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. U can call the owner, Hj Salleh at 019 7559309 to pre order or take away ur Ayam Penyet! ;-)

    ReplyDelete